Friday 4 February 2011

FILMING

I realise I have to focus on what kind of shots I am filming, the camera movement and the surrounding environment. After research I found these useful tips;
- Get physically close to your subject (rather than using zoom)
- Film scenes using more than one shot
- Film more than just your subject
- Film at the same height as your subject
- Use a tripod
- Control lighting

When filming I must consider the types of camera angles;
- Eye-Level
- High Angle
- Low Angle
- Birdseye

I also had to anyalyse different types of shots and the frames;
Extreme Wide Shot

The view is so far from the subject that he isn't even visible.
Often used as an establishing shot.

Wide Shot

The subject takes up the full frame, or at least as much
as comfortably possible.


Mid-Shot

Shows some part of the subject in more detail while still
giving an impression of the whole subject.

Medium Close-up

Half way between a Mid-Shot and a Close-Up


Close-Up

A certain feature or part of the subject takes up the
whole frame.

Over Shoulder Shot

Looking from behind a person at the subject.

Point of view shot

Shows a view from the subject's perspective.

I will try to encorporate all of these different shots into my storyboarding.

To help me with this research i used the website; http://www.mediacollege.com/video/shots/

No comments:

Post a Comment